GENESIS: THE BEGINNINGS!
Genesis is the book of beginnings. Within the fifty chapters that make up this fascinating book of the Old Testament God exercises His creative power to bring the universe into existence by simply telling it to do so. Later we will see the creation of a special people with the calling of Abram. The Law is given later. Sadly, sin mars God’s ‘very good’ creation and so we also see the creation of a plan to redeem mankind back to the One True God. This very old book is very relevant to today.
Studying the Bible will transform your life. Before you open your Bible, pray and ask the Holy Spirit to open your heart to help you to be more like Christ.
**All Scriptures are given in the New King James Version unless otherwise noted.
9 Then God said, “Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear”; and it was so. 10 And God called the dry land Earth, and the gathering together of the waters He called Seas. And God saw that it was good.
11 Then God said, “Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb that yields seed, and the fruit tree that yields fruit according to its kind, whose seed is in itself, on the earth”; and it was so. 12 And the earth brought forth grass, the herb that yields seed according to its kind, and the tree that yields fruit, whose seed is in itself according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 13 So the evening and the morning were the third day.
- The third day
- Note the phrase ‘according to its kind’
- The fruit trees produce fruit with seeds that produce the same kind of trees
- An apple tree does not grow apples whose seeds produce oranges
- Evolution claims that given enough time everything will produce something of a different kind
- The theory of evolution was put forth in 1859 by Charles Darwin
- Science has advanced exponentially in the 161 years since then and yet there is still not a single shred of proof that it is true
- And yet, it is still taught in schools as true
- Because, if it is not true, then the origin of our species can’t be natural
Download Pastor Rick's study notes for Genesis 1