GENESIS: THE BEGINNINGS!
Genesis is the book of beginnings. Within the fifty chapters that make up this fascinating book of the Old Testament God exercises His creative power to bring the universe into existence by simply telling it to do so. Later we will see the creation of a special people with the calling of Abram. The Law is given later. Sadly, sin mars God’s ‘very good’ creation and so we also see the creation of a plan to redeem mankind back to the One True God. This very old book is very relevant to today.
Studying the Bible will transform your life. Before you open your Bible, pray and ask the Holy Spirit to open your heart to help you to be more like Christ.
**All Scriptures are given in the New King James Version unless otherwise noted.
31 Then God saw everything that He had made, and indeed it was very good. So the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
- It was very good – every other time God surveyed His creation He said it was good
- Only after the creation of humans was it very good
- Humans are the greatest part of the creation
- Again, sin has messed that up and the result is that damage that we see happening to this world and the way people are treating each other
- We can’t change the whole world, but we can let the Holy Spirit change us
- So that we love God and each other as divinely created image-bearers of Almighty Creator God
- As you leave this place, remind yourself that you are carrying God’s image with you
- And try to remind yourself that every interaction with another human being is an opportunity to let them see Jesus
- What this world needs is Jesus – let it see Him in you!
Download Pastor Rick's study notes for Genesis 1